Project Location: The project site is located in Silifke/Mersin, Southern Turkey.
Methodology: The applied methodology is ACM0002 “Consolidated baseline methodology for grid-connected electricity generation from renewable sources”, version 16.0.0
Hanay Elektrik Üretim A.Ş., installed and commissioned a 30MWm/27MWe wind power plant with 15 turbines.
The project helps Turkey to stimulate and commercialize the use of grid-connected renewable energy technologies and markets. Furthermore, the project demonstrates the viability of grid-connected wind farms which can support improved energy security, improved air quality, alternative sustainable energy futures, improved local livelihoods, and sustainable renewable energy industry development. The specific goals of the project are to:
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions in Turkey compared to the business-as-usual scenario;
- Help to stimulate the growth of the wind power industry in Turkey;
- Create local employment during the construction and the operation phase of the wind farm;
- Reduce other pollutants resulting from power generation industry in Turkey, compared to a business-as-usual scenario;
- Help to reduce Turkeys increasing energy deficit;
- and differentiate the electricity generation mix and reduce import dependency.